Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Internship

I have been so blessed beyond words this Summer to be able to intern under such an amazing photographer and friend. I remember sitting at my computer in May not knowing how on earth I would ever be able to start a photography business. I had always admired Bethany's work and had followed her blog ever since she did my senior pictures back in 2007.

I was really wanting to intern under a photographer and she was definitely my top choice, I just didn't know why she would ever want little ol' me following her around and stalking her every step. After lots of thought I finally decided to just go for it and ask, the worst she could say was no, right? So I did it, I sent the email and was amazed at the reply. She said yes! She would love to have me intern under her. To say I was ecstatic would be an understatement.

So that's how it started. This Summer has been full of amazing shoots and I have been able to learn so much. It has been great to get a behind the scenes look on how photoshoots run. I have been able to go to Weddings and even build a portfolio. Plus, she is so fun to work with and we have such a great time together.

Bethany you have been such a blessing in my life and without you I would probably still be sitting wondering how I would ever start my business. Thank you so much for taking me under your wing and teaching me everything you know. You have helped me more than you can imagine and have made me so excited for what's in store. Thank you for helping me start a business and for truly wanting me to succeed. I am so grateful and can't wait for the rest of our shoots together!

Me and Bethany at the Wedding last weekend

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, you are too sweet. Thank you for such kind words Allie! It has been the BEST working with you this summer... I just want to keep you! :)

    Your business is going to THRIVE! Not only do you have the best eye and such great style, but also the sweetest spirit. I'm so excited to watch God bless your work and see Allie Rae Photography grow!

    I'm looking forward to more laughing and shooting together... and I'm sure I'll get us lost a few more times in our near future. ;)

    ReplyDelete